FÈS (Fès-Meknès, MAR)
Sunday January 1st, 2017
TODAYS MILEAGE – 45 miles or 72 kilometres
TRIP MILEAGE – 26,008 miles or 41,856 kilometres
I think we got a little bit of everything today - from markets, tanneries, mosques, palaces and humanitarian projects.
• FÈS ~ Hotel Mounia (Fès-Meknès, MAR)
• FÈS ~ Bab L'Makhzen (Fès-Meknès, MAR)
• FÈS ~ Borj Sud (Fès-Meknès, MAR)
• FÈS ~ El Mokhifa (Fès-Meknès, MAR)
• FÈS ~ Rue Chouarra (Fès-Meknès, MAR)
• FÈS ~ Al-Attarine Madrasa (Fès-Meknès, MAR)
• FÈS ~ Almrqtan (Fès-Meknès, MAR)
• FÈS ~ G Adventures Planeterra Project (Fès-Meknès, MAR)
Day 3 - Fès
Explore the labyrinth of streets within the famous Fès medina with a local guide. Marvel at one of the ancient tanneries and take in the view from above. Enjoy a G Adventures-supported traditional lunch. Enjoy a half-day medina walking tour, with free time in the afternoon to explore more of the city.
The Fès medina is the world’s largest living medieval medina and a UNESCO site. Explore the artisan quarters, sample treats from the carts, and view Fès' famous leather tannery from above. In the evening, opt for dinner in a converted riad complete with local specialties, music, and belly dancing.